Halloween is right around the corner. I enjoy finding recipes and crafts that the whole family can participate in creating. I am also very frugal – let’s face it, money’s tight these days.
CANDY CORN MILKSHAKE
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Vanilla Ice Cream
2. Red & Yellow Food Coloring
3. Whipped Cream
4. Sprinkles (chocolate & orange)
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Take two scoops of the vanilla ice cream and place it into a mixing bowl. Using a spoon, mash the ice cream around in the bowl until it is soft. Once the ice cream has softened, add a few drops of yellow food coloring to it and mix it up until all the ice cream is yellow. Now put the yellow ice cream into a clear (see-thru) glass. You can also use a clear plastic glass for little ones. Pack all the yellow ice cream down into the bottom of the glass. Place the glass into the freezer.
2. Repeat step one, this time adding red and yellow food coloring to make orange. Once all the ice cream is orange, take the glass out of the freezer and add the orange ice cream on top of the yellow. Pack it down. Return to freezer.
3. Wash out and dry your mixing bowl, and add two scoops of vanilla ice cream to the clean bowl. Mash it up until soft. Take the glass out of the freezer and add the vanilla ice cream on top of the orange. Get your whipped cream and add a scoop to the top of the vanilla ice cream. Add the sprinkles to the top of the whipped cream and you are done!
You can either serve immediately, or return to the freezer for later.
The Cookin’ Mama